LED retrofitting is an excellent way to reduce operating expenses and preserve the investment value of your existing fixtures. Instead of replacing an entire lighting fixture, a retrofit can be performed at a significantly lower cost while maintaining the aesthetic appeal of the original fixture. As such, many companies are realizing the incredible impact that LED retrofitting can have on their bottom line.
One organization recognizing the positive effects of LED retrofitting is the United States Government. The Federal Reserve building worked with Global Tech LED to retrofit their fancy carriage style lights for about $350 per retrofit. The fixtures themselves would have cost more than $4,000 to replace! Global Tech LED was able to execute several retrofits for the same price it would have cost to replace one fixture.
With the significant financial benefits of LED retrofitting becoming more evident, it is important to choose the right retrofit partner and products. Here are the most important questions to ask before making a final decision on an LED retrofit solution.
What is the purpose of the lighting?
The simple answer is “to see”, but there’s more to it than that. Lighting for offices, warehouses, and other buildings are tailored to the specific work environment, so determining the appropriate lighting for the given application is a must. When evaluating the lighting itself, consider some other questions as well:
- Would you want to spend a full work day in this light?
- Is the light balanced with the natural sunlight?
- Does the lighting create distracting shadows or hot spots?
- Will the light produce minimal glare?
- Can the lighting level be easily controlled?
Is the retrofit company able to meet my needs?
Not all LED retrofit companies are created equal. Retrofit companies are more than just the products they install. They can vary widely in services offered and the quality of those services. Don’t just compare quotes at face value–ask some qualifying questions prior to selecting an LED retrofit partner:
- Are they experienced and knowledgeable?
- Is the company truly a turn-key lighting specialist?
- Do they have a good reputation with customer testimonials to back it up?
- Are they able to get financing for your retrofit to give you more options when it comes to payment methods?
- Do they charge extra for second and third shifts or weekend operations?
- Can they properly dispose of legacy fixtures, and is that price included?
- Does the company have all the products that your project requires?
- Do they provide photometric analysis?
Some of these questions may seem superfluous, but the responses to these queries will give you a comprehensive picture of the retrofit solution you are purchasing, providing you with a better perception of the actual final cost, as well as the quality of the service provider.
At Global Tech LED, we provide free photometrics, a wide range of optics, and custom plate design while delivering an unmatched level of customer service and support, backed by our 10 year warranty. Our products are also built with smart technology software, including lumen deprecation, voltage protection, temperature monitoring, and wireless two-way communications. In fact, we can retrofit almost any existing fixture!